Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Blog, New Me

Happy New Year Everyone!! I'm pumped for 2012 because it's the year of the dragon, which is the same Chinese sign for the year I was born! It's going to be great, I can feel it in my bones :)

Over the past few weeks I've really been analyzing my life. Wow that sounds like a mid-life crisis statement! What I mean is I need to start making myself happy and putting myself first. I no longer want to hide when I'm hurt, put others feelings before mine,  and have my life revolve around others. I don't mean to sound selfish but I want this year to be about me and self-discovery.

To start this journey and have it be somewhat directed, I have set up a few goals for myself. I'm not sharing all of them on here but here is a glimpse. (In no particular order)

1) I want this blog to be more. I'm going to direct it towards fitness and losing weight but will share some fun stories from teaching, and daily life things.

2) I want to be healthier. Spiritually, mentally, and physically. To help me do this I have signed up for GymPact and Pure Barre Classes.

3) I need to financially grow up. I need to track my expenses, start to pay off loans, and GET A JOB at the end of school year (I'm currently student teaching).

4) I want to reward myself more. Some friends and I have made a deal where we put away the amount of money that we loose in pounds every week. So loose 5 lbs=$5 in a jar. This money will be used ONLY for a reward :)

5) Lastly but most importantly I want to be HAPPY!!

I hope you all will keep reading and maybe I'll get some more followers ;)

******************************************************************************

1) What is your Chinese sign? Do you think it fits you?
     * Mine is the dragon and it totally fits me :)

2) Do you have any goals/resolutions for this coming year?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving some comment love! I adore reading them and often respond. Please enable your email so I can do so :) Xoxo Elle

How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.