Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fun Filled Weekend

This is Amee. She has been my church mentor with her husband for the last 6 years. She was diagnosed with breast cancer right before Thanksgiving and has been going through chemo.



This past weekend I went and stayed with Amee and her daughters Camryn and Maddie. On Saturday Cam had a basketball game. It was so great to watch her play!


Saturday night I took the girls to the local sledding hill and we went sledding and snowboarding. This is on the car ride there. Love Maddie's face lol


Maddie loves making snow angels!


Maddie and I before we left. She was so tired from all the fresh air!


I love this family. They have been there for me through thick and thin and have always encouraged me. I was with Ron and Amee the day that Maddie was born and have seen her and Camryn grow up. I'm so lucky to have them in my life and what a great way to spend my weekend!

P.S. Did you know that sledding and snowboarding burns tons of calories?!

Do you have any mentors? Is someone close to you going through chemo? What is your favorite winter activity?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving some comment love! I adore reading them and often respond. Please enable your email so I can do so :) Xoxo Elle

How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.