Monday, September 2, 2013

September Has Arrived & 5 for 5!

As I was getting ready to write this post I decided to see exactly how long it's been since I posted. It was April 8th. Seriously?! APRIL 8th? It's been too long, and I'm very sorry for that! If you are still reading... THANK YOU!

You may be wondering what's been going on... maybe not but I'll share anyways. This spring was crazy. Our school has a new principal who is great but comes with many changes. I finished my first year teaching and survived. I went home to Michigan for 2 weeks this summer and it was glorious. I moved closer to my school, no more 1 hour drives! I lost my best friend (don't worry she didn't die, she just moved across the country). There have been a few changes around here! 

As much as I needed that break, I'm very ready to come back to blogging. And what a better time to do it than the beginning of September? I'm linking up with Jenn for 5 for 5 and she describes it like this It's a weekly goal linkup that I host every Monday- from here going forward! It gives you a chance to blog about your top 5 (or however many suites you!) goals for the upcoming week! It's a great way to stay motivated & accountable for your goals.

I'm taking a beat from Jenn's page and am posting goals for the month of September and for the week.

5 For September

1) Loose 10 Pounds 
I've recently joined Weight Watchers. I just had my 5th weigh-in and am down 8.4 lbs! I want to continue to loose about 2lbs/week. 

2) Finish Unpacking
I moved across town. I love my new place. But I moved 2 days before I went to Michigan, then I came back and started getting ready for the new year. I still have at least 10 boxes to unpack!

3) Keep up with my Calendar.
I feel better when I'm organized. When I have everything written down. Right now I'm using Google Calendar but come the 10th (payday) I'm going to splurge on a new planner. Any suggestions?

4) Refresh with Dave Ramsey
I admit it. I have debt. School loans and credit cards. I want to get this paid off ASAP and I know Dave Ramsey's program works. I just need to take the time to refresh.

5) Read at least 2 books
I love to read. I used to hide in my room to read. Give me a book and I'd have it finished within a day. But lately I'm not taking the time to enjoy it. I want to change that, especially now that I have a Kindle :)

5 For the Week

1) Blog at least 3x this week
I know I can do this. I already have ideas for posts

2) Hand Write Notes
Who doesn't love getting a handwritten note? It makes the mail so much better! 

3) Workout at least 4 days
I put this in my schedule. It's very easy to do, I just need to do it!

4) Track my WW Points 
This is easy for me, but I wanted to give myself at least one success this week

5) Have All My Copies for School Done
This past Saturday I went into school. I was SO PRODUCTIVE! I want to keep up with my copying, grading, etc. in my classroom. 

Link-Up with Jenn for these weekly goals! They are fun posts and help keep you accountable!

P.S Please follow me on Bloglovin! I'd love to get some Followers :)   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving some comment love! I adore reading them and often respond. Please enable your email so I can do so :) Xoxo Elle

How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.