Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tell Me About It Tuesday.

Today at my gym I saw a woman wearing this shirt
Seriously?! One thing I love about my gym is that I can get a whole weight circuit & cardio in under an hour. Another great thing? Men & women of all ages, gender, and fitness level workout and we workout HARD. I mean don't get me wrong it's not like grunting and moaning going on and sounding like a football game but if I'm breathing heavily and sweating I'm fitting right in.

When I was in undergrad I went to my gym a lot. It was 2 blocks away from my dorm and right next to the building where all my classes were. I went there because it was convenient, big, and had tons of equipment. It also had all the girls who PUT ON MAKEUP BEFORE WORKING OUT?! Yes, you saw that right, girls would be in the locker room gussying up to go get sweaty meet a guy. Ok, yes, the campus gym was a good place to meet guys, I met one of my good friends at the gym. BUT I am not going to sacrifice my workout just to meet a guy!
Now, I'm not saying that you need to wear 2 sizes too big pants, and the baggiest t-shirt you own. I'm all for wearing cute athletic wear and often do. I like to wear Emi-Jay & Sparkly Soul instead of the usual hair ties. Heck, I even have multiple pairs of running shoes just because of the colors (don't judge, I know you do too!). However, if you only reason to go to the gym is to meet a guy and make those of us who DO SWEAT look bad, save yourself the time and go to the local bar. I'll be getting my sweat on :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving some comment love! I adore reading them and often respond. Please enable your email so I can do so :) Xoxo Elle

How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.