Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIAW + Recipe (of sorts)

Who am I right now? This is my 3rd post this week! I hope I stick to this...

So on Monday I mentioned how I wanted to be more honest on the blog but link-ups are still fun. This is one link-up I like doing. Why you may ask? It gives me a reason to photograph my food and not seem like an idiot. I can also use hashtags like #foodieprobz #WannabePhotographer #LameAsADuck

Yes. I'm that person. Go ahead and judge all you want.

http://www.peasandcrayons.com/


 I've been really proud of myself because I've been getting up early enough to eat breakfast! A good one too, my favorite protein pancake.

 During my prep I had to have a team meeting, enter my favorite go-to snack. Quest bars. Now if you haven't tried a Quest Bar you must be living under a rock (unless you don't care about healthy eating, then I'm envious). These bars are gluten free, reasonably priced, and come in so many flavors!
Lunch was composed of a light but protein filled salad. On Sunday I meal prepped chicken, and then tossed in romain, spinach, and argula with some beets, goat cheese, and a veggie mix I got from Trader Joe's. It hit the spot.

After school I tutor until 4:30, thus my snacks have to be quick and easy. I really like my Perfect Fit Protein but I've become bored with just mixing it with milk. Plus I need something a little more filling. Enter my new favorite smoothie, the neopolitan.
 It's 1 cup Strawberry Kefir, 1 frozen banana, and 1 scoop of Chocolate Perfect fit Protein. If you want a more chocolate flavor, do 1/2 cup Chocolate Almond milk and 1/2 cup Strawberry Kefir.
I may have a bottle problem, and this is missing 3 bottles!


When I was meal prepping on Sunday, I decided to try potatoes in a new way. Well new to me. I boiled some baby Yukon Gold potatoes, drained them, placed them in a muffin tin and went SMASH, SMASH, SMASH! It worked! It made perfect, little, potato cups! Pair them with some chicken, and steamed veggies= AWESOME, EASY MEAL!

Always believing in Faith & Serendipity,


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I will have to try your potato trick! I do something similar that I got from The Pioneer Woman where you boil the potatoes and smash them on a tray with a "mashed potato smasher". The potato always go everywhere. This seems much smarter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! I want to try the potato ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving some comment love! I adore reading them and often respond. Please enable your email so I can do so :) Xoxo Elle

How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.