Friday, October 25, 2013

Nevada Day 2013

Happy Nevada Day Friends!

As I was getting ready to write this post I was curious to what I did last year. If you want to find out click here. Not to ruin the surprise or anything but it is very similar to what I did today.... I think ;)

Do you know what Nevada day is? I didn't either until Christine explained it to me today. Way back when Nevada became a state the powers that be decided to have October 31st be Nevada day. When citizens got tired of the day changing every year the new powers that be decided to make the Friday before Halloween be Nevada day, that made the citizens happy because it allowed them to have a long weekend. Now you can say you know what Nevada day is! (P.S this was written last year).

When my co-workers asked if I had anything planned for the weekend I was thrilled to tell them and I could keep it short. 1) NOTHING 2) Fall Family Festival at church on Sunday.

Here is how my day of wonderful, nothingness went.

8:00 a.m Wake-Up. This was glorious. I slept in till 8:00!!
8:00-9:00 Read. I FINALLY finished Love, Stargirl. 
9:00-10:00 Make Breakfast/Coffee
Gluten free pancakes/pumpkin butter/maple syrup

  10:00am-5:30 pm Lay on the couch and watch movies/tv. 
Nashville & Iron Man 3 were just 2 of what I watched
5:30-7:00 Decide to do something productive and paint my nails
Gingham Pjs from Old Navy are THE BEST
 7:00-8:00 Decide nails are dry so might as well have some wine & read blogs
 
Someone send me flowers so I can fill my vase? Please?

 8:00-Present My hair has been in the same bun all day, same pjs and didn't wash my face

8:00-Present (Still) Finishing my night with this lovely blog and reading on my Kindle :)

This day is exactly what I've needed. After working (teaching) and moonlighting at Old Navy, it's been a busy start to the school year. Having a day to *Relax* and having ALL WEEKEND still is a GLORIOUS thing!

Happy Nevada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving some comment love! I adore reading them and often respond. Please enable your email so I can do so :) Xoxo Elle

How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.