Sunday, December 30, 2012

5 for Five- 2013 Goals!

Hi Friends!!

Wow, I can't believe it's New Years already! This year has gone by insanely fast, especially since July when I moved out to Las Vegas. If someone had told me last NYE that I'd be living in Las Vegas, teaching 3rd grade general education, and working at Old Navy, I would have said you are crazy! Never in a million years would I have put myself in Las Vegas but I love it, teaching, and working at Old Navy.

Speaking of teaching and Old Navy, life has been a bit crazy as of late! There's been some work drama you can read/view up on here, here, here, here, & here. Everyday I go to work thankful that I still have a school & classroom to teach in & students to teach. It has been very difficult as of late though, and I haven't been in the mood to blog.

HOWEVER, it is a NEW YEAR and I'm super excited to link up with Jenn & Jessica for 5 for Five!


 1) Be a consistent, & true Blogger!
I want to start blogging. Really blogging and not just participating in link-ups. Link-ups are great, don't get me wrong, but I want to start showing more of my daily life, and more of myself.

2) I NEED to loose weight.
I'm not going to put a specific number on this. I have a goal I want to reach but overall I just need to be healthier. No more Qdoba (Sorry Christine!), Starbucks once a week, and working out regularly. I have all the tools, I just need to provide the focus and maybe some motivation from you all ;)
3) Be Organized!
My Mom often jokes that I am the most unorganized/organized person she knows. Confused? Let me explain. I am organized. I pay my bills on time, keep a calendar, know where things in my house are, etc. BUT I am also very forgetful, don't actively keep my calendar up, and am notoriously late. Well, NO MORE. I am determined to be more organized & plan ahead. 

4) Get out there on the dating scene
I've never been big into dating. I wasn't the one to go out and get drunk at a bar and randomly hook-up with a guy. I don't catch guy's attention at a restaurant and I don't put myself out to be hurt. That needs to change though. I've joined Match.com (yes, I'm one of those) and I've gone to a few events. I'm hoping to go to more and hopefully meet "the one" or at least a few new friends :)

5) Be Happy, Think of Me, & Be more Social
This may sound easy peasy, but for me it's the hardest thing to do. Generally, I'm a pretty happy person but I want to be happy with all the elements in my life. Meaning, my home, physical appearance, career, and life. I want to think of what I want versus what others want. I want to be more social, have friends, and just get out and have fun. This is ACHIEVABLE... hopefully!

What are your goals/resolutions for the new year? Link-up and share or comment!! 

Happy New Years Eve!


4 comments:

  1. I love your goals! I am with you on 4 out of the 5 of them. Best of luck, remember take them day by day don't overwhelm yourself by trying to do them all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support, as always, Elle! I'm loving your goals for the new year & I think they are all achievable! AMEN to numbers 4 & 5- I'm wright there with you love! Let's make 2013 "our year" for dating and socializing- I know we can do it! I just wish we were in the same place to do it together! :)

    Here's to a FABULOUS 2013, sweet girl! So glad that we're blogging friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you live in Vegas?! How awesome is that!! :) I *LOVE* your goals, particularly #5. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in others that we forget to take care of ourselves and our needs. Good for you for making yourself a priority this year! :)

    Happy happy NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elle...newest follower here. I found you on the 5 for 2013 link up. You and I have a lot of similar goals. Feel you on #4. I did Match.com a couple years ago. I'm not sure they had the Match Events when I was doing it. That sounds like an awesome idea! Good luck!!!!!

    *erica*
    ericalookingtothestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving some comment love! I adore reading them and often respond. Please enable your email so I can do so :) Xoxo Elle

How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.